League - Spartan South Midlands League
Sat 16
First Team
Biggleswade United
Town Take 3 Points From High Flying Biggleswade United

Town Take 3 Points From High Flying Biggleswade United

By Andrew Parker
Share via

The Town welcomed Biggleswade United to Bell Close on Saturday, in their first Saturday game for 3 weeks.

The Town came into the game on a hot streak. Unbeaten in 6 and conceding just once in that space of time, spanning back to the 12th of January.
The first action of the contest was a Town change, with Jay Caines being replaced by Ross Adams, after sustaining what looked like an ankle injury.
The first action involving a football did fall Town’s way though. Kyle Davison-Gordon headed over from just 6 yards out from a corner, a good opportunity.
The Town were relatively on top throughout the first half, however neither side were creating an real, clear cut opportunities.
The biggest chance of the first half fell the way of United just before half time. James Cooper hit a sweet volley after a deflection from inside the area, and former United keeper Tom Wyant, made a strong save to deny him.
Half Time came around and it was a typical first half, ‘not a lot to report’.
However, as we all know, the second half seems to always spring into life.
Just 2 minutes into the second half, Ross Adams had a great chance for Town. He fired straight at Leslie in the United Goal which was a comfortable save and Tom Silford couldn’t capitalise on the rebound.
The Town were playing some really good football, with Fredericks, Osborne and Seodi running the show in the centre of the park and Silford and Adams playing superbly out wide.
It was Adams hard work that lead to the opener! He won the ball back inside the area and squared immediately to Kyle Faulkner, who slid the ball neatly under Leslie, for 1-0!
Tom Wyant was called into action again shortly after the goal, when he made a cracking save at the feet of the Biggleswade attacker.
Midway through the second period, Town doubled their advantage! Kyle Faulkner’s tremendous dummy created space for him on the edge of the area to get a shot off and he fired past Leslie, doubling his tally in the process! His 3rd in 2 games!
Tom Silford was then replaced by Ollie Buckley.
Then came the United pressure, after talisman Dave Parkinson was introduced.
He beat Matt Hall down the right wing to deliver a ball to the far post, however it was turned in by Town’s Ross Adams, not a lot he could do about that one.
With the score at 2-1, United continued to ramp up the pressure.
Straight after their goal, Tom Wyant produced a magnificent double save, the second one absolutely sensational as he got down low to his right to stop a rocket from distance! Unreal display from the Town shot stopper!
With the game going from end to end, Kyle Faulkner nearly had his Hat Trick! His glancing header went wide by a whisker!
The Town continued to attack United and their hard work paid off as they killed the game on 88 minutes.
Kyle Faulkner’s fantastic flick played in Ross Adams, who got to the ball ahead of Leslie. His shot was blocked by a United defender but there was Ollie Buckley to tap home the rebound into the empty net!
That’s his Town account opened!
Kyle Faulkner, who was handed man of the match by our match sponsors MiniClipper, was then replaced by Brian Foulger.
That was that for action at Bell Close, in a jam packed second half. A superb display from the Town, who move up to 11th!

175 was the attendance, which is fantastic support for this level of football! Thank you, we hope to see you all more regularly in the future!

Next up for the Town, is the 2nd Leg of the Bucks Charity Cup at Aylesbury FC on Tuesday Night.

What a win! UP THE TOWN!

Report by Kieran Carvell

Share via

Match details

Match date

Sat 16, Feb 2019






Premier Division

League position

Biggleswade United
Leighton Town