League - Spartan South Midlands League
Sat 26
Oxhey Jets
First Team
Town Jet Off With 3 Points.

Town Jet Off With 3 Points.

By Andrew Parker

The Town travelled to Boundary Stadium on Saturday Afternoon to take on an inform Oxhey Jets side.

Sweeney and Copson made 2 changes to the team that drew 0-0 with Wembley last Saturday. Tom Silford replaced by Ross Adams making his Town debut and Kyle Davison-Gordon (suspended), making way for Michael Donkor.
It wasn’t a classic that played out in front of us by any means, with chances few and far between for either side.
Yusef Seodi’s strike from around 25 yards forced a simple save by the Oxhey Goalkeeper and Lewis McBride’s acrobatic effort went into the side netting.
They would prove to be the Town’s 2 ‘chances’ in the first period.
Oxhey went closest with their only real chance of the first half, when they had a header cleared away by Osborne and Wyant.
As the game entered its second half, the Town had some better opportunities.
Alfie Osborne went close with a header on 54 minutes, but it was beaten away by the Oxhey Shot-Stopper.
Then came Leighton’s best chance of the game so far. Lewis McBride was released down the right channel and with the keeper rushing out at him, he tried to go underneath him with his shot, making it a relatively easy save for the keeper.
With around 20 minutes to go, Aaron McKee was introduced to proceedings, replacing Jordan Fredericks, on his second start for the Town, after making the switch from Aylesbury FC.
The Town then had another half chance, when Jay Caines cut in from the right flank, but his effort went wide of the mark.
Then, with 7 minutes of normal time to play, the Town took the lead!
Dave Murphy arrived at the far post and nodded the ball across the line, to put the Town a goal to the good!
Kyle Faulkner then came on for Ross Adams. Adams impressing on his Town debut with his desire and work rate.
Just after the goal however, Oxhey had a fairly decent chance to pull themselves level. Their 11 found himself with some room on the right hand side, but his shot was poor and went very, very wide.
Jay Caines then made way for Ollie Buckley in the Town’s 3rd and final change.
That would be it for action in South Oxhey, as the Town come away with all 3 points!
Another good result for the Town and also another clean sheet! That’s now 4 games unbeaten and 4 clean sheets in a row!
Next up for the Town, is a trip to North Greenford United on Saturday!
We hope to see you there, your support is always appreciated!

Report by Kieran Carvell

Match details

Match date

Sat 26, Jan 2019




Premier Division

League position

Oxhey Jets
Leighton Town