League - Spartan South Midlands League
Sat 23
First Team
Colney Heath
B Gallant (45')
Penalty Save By Wyant, Secures 3 Points For Town

Penalty Save By Wyant, Secures 3 Points For Town

By Andrew Parker

The Town welcomed Colney Heath to Bell Close on Saturday afternoon,

as they looked to extend their league unbeaten run to 7 games.
Sweeney and Copson made just one change to the side that got beat at Aylesbury on Tuesday. Alfie Osborne came in for Ollie Buckley, who dropped to the bench.
It was a bright start from the Town, as they got on the front foot early. Yusef Seodi tested Blackman with a strike just inside the area, but the Heath keeper was equal to it.
Tom Silford then entered the referee’s book midway through the half.
The Town continued to look bright, but as did Colney Heath as a very even tie played out in front of a 115 attendance at Bell Close.
Tom Wyant was called into action for the first time when he denied Woods with a great finger tip save in front of the Shed End.
Shortly after that though, Town took the lead! Tom Bryant’s superb delivery to the front post, met a barrage of bodies and Brian Foulger claimed the final touch to take it over the line!
Town were certainly on top up until half time and could have double their advantage but Blackman was equal to Seodi’s effort once again.
At Half Time, the Town were looking comfortable, playing some good football on a beautiful afternoon.
Just after the break, Alfie Osborne was replaced by Ollie Buckley.
Tom Wyant was called into action once again when he pushed a goal-bound header wide and out for a corner!
As time ticked on, Colney Heath were starting to apply heavy pressure on the Town rearguard.
With just under 20 minutes to go, the Magpies were awarded a penalty. Matt Hall’s poor back pass was met by Tom Wyant who collided with a Colney attacker after clearing the ball. However, the referee pointed to the spot.
Blunden stepped up... but Wyant was equal to it high to his right, a superb save to deny Heath the chance to equalise.
Ollie Buckley then received a yellow card for a foul on a Heath defender.
With Heath continuing to dominate the remainder of the tie, Michael Donkor came on to replace Tom Silford.
Kyle Faulkner was replaced by Kuda Butano, for his Town bow, with only a few minutes remaining.
That would be that at Bell Close and the Town make it 7 league games unbeaten!
That’s also only 1 goal conceded in those 7 league games, 6 clean sheets for super Tom!
Sweeney, Copson and their men should be very proud with their performance and work rate!

Town are back in action on Tuesday away at North Greenford United!

Thank you for your support once again!

Report by

Kieran Carvell

Match details

Match date

Sat 23, Feb 2019




Premier Division

League position

Colney Heath
Leighton Town