League - Spartan South Midlands League
Tue 06
First Team
Unite MK
Town Win Penalty Shoot Out To Progress To Next Round

Town Win Penalty Shoot Out To Progress To Next Round

By Andrew Parker
Share via

The Town welcomed Unite MK to Bell Close on Tuesday Evening, in the Bucks Senior Charity Cup.

The Town had just come off the back of a thoroughly disappointing 2-0 defeat away at Cogenhoe United in the FA Vase.
Sweeney and Copson made 6 changes to the side that bowed out of the Vase.
Kyle Davison-Gordon, Michael Donkor, Yusef Seddi, George Armstrong, Alfie Touceda and Sam Tamakloe, all came into the fold, with Seddi and Touceda, making their debuts.
The Town started poorly once again, but this time, they were punished.
Charlie Jones attempted to come and claim a high ball at the far post. However, Cole Rawson rose highest, and headed back across the goal, giving Myles Braham the chance to poke home into the empty net.
He did just that and the Town found themselves one down, to a team 2 leagues below them.
The Town would then dominate proceedings and perked up after MK’s early goal.
George Armstrong had an effort saved fantastically by goalkeeper Aaron Halai.
The Town continued to pressure the MK goal, but clear cut chances were few and far between.
The Town would go in at Half Time, losing to the Milton Keynes outfit.
Leighton continued to press MK in the second half.
George Armstrong had a couple of opportunities, Kyle Faulkner was looking extremely lively and Yusef Seddi was playing really well in his Town bow.
Sam Tamakloe and Alfie Touceda were replaced by Aaron McKee and Matt Hall.
Despite Leighton’s pressure, Unite MK had a massive chance to put the game to bed.
A hopeful ball to the far post fell to Braham only a few yards out but he blasted his shot over the bar.
Kelvin Osei-Addo then came on for George Armstrong.
Time was running out for the Town with only a few minutes remaining.
Aaron McKee had a header cleared off the line, an MK centre back nearly turned the ball into his net.
Numerous corners and free kicks were going Town’s way, as they looked to get themselves level.
Therevwould be one last roll of the dice.
Matt Hall stood over a free kick on the right hand side, not too far from the penalty area.
He whipped it in towards the near post, to captain Dom Marsala! He flicked the ball past Halai with his head, to pull the Town level, right in front of the Shed End, with a minute to go!
All the Town players including Charlie Jones were celebrating together, fantastic scenes at Bell Close.
Shortly after, the referee blew for full time and the game headed to Penalties.
The penalties would once again, take place in front of the Shed End, much to the fans delight.
Leighton would take first...
Dom Marsala, Goal, confident penalty.
Saajan Sehajpal, Goal, just past Jones.
Kyle Faulkner, Wide! The ball smacked the Shed End, not the best penalty you’ll ever see.
Karl Ainsley, Goal, giving Unite MK a 2-1 lead, after 2 penalties a piece.
Yusef Seddi, Goal! Unbelievable penalty, right into the top corner!
Luke Little, saved by Jones! Not the most convincing penalty at all and it was comfortable for the Town shot-stopper.
That made it 2-2 on penalties.
Tom Bryant then stepped up for the Town, Goal! Sending Halai the wrong way!
Myles Braham for MK, Miss! Braham skied his penalty and the ball landed in the Rec!
That meant if Aaron McKee scored his penalty, the Town would progress into the next round.
McKee stepped up, Goal! Right into the top corner!
The Town progress through into the next round of the Bucks Senior Charity Cup!
The Players and staff celebrated with the Shed End after the game, brilliant scenes after Marsala’s late winner and a comeback on penalties!
Not the most convincing performance by the Town by any means, but a win is a win!

Next up for the Town, is Edgware Town at Bell Close on Saturday, a 15:00 Kick Off.

We hope to see you there on Saturday, thank you for your fantastic support once again!


Report by

Kieran Carvell

Share via

Match details

Match date

Tue 06, Nov 2018