Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Leighton Town F C app


First Team - Match centre

Biggleswade FC
Leighton Town
Full time
K Davidson-Gordon (83' Sent Off)
Tue 15 Jan 19:45 - Spartan South Midlands Football League - Premier Division

Town Pick Up Point Against 3rd Place Biggleswade FC


The Town travelled to Langford Road on Tuesday evening, to face Biggleswade FC.

Leighton were looking to build on their 3 points and their clean sheet from Saturday away at Potton and therefore, Sweeney and Copson named an unchanged side.
FC came into the game having drawn their last 3 in the league, their last 2, 1-1 draws at home to Stotfold and Oxhey Jets.
Carl Resch lead the side out as captain, his last game before his operation. All the best Reschy, speedy recovery!
It was a slow start to the game, with neither team creating any chances or playing any good football.
Yusef Seodi, Brian Foulger and Lewis McBride were all in the thick of it, with the game being contested in the centre of the park, but neither team dominating proceedings.
FC had their only chance of the first half and had the ball in the back of the net! FA Vase hero Pat McCafferty nodded past Wyant from a deep free kick, but the linesman had his flag up for offside.
5 minutes before half time the Town had their first chance of the evening. Brian Foulger going close with a header that was bundled off the line and Kyle Davison-Gordon had his rebound smothered by goalkeeper Tompkins.
Other than those opportunities that was it for the first half, with neither team playing well at all.
The second half was certainly livelier than the first, and the Town went close in the early exchanges. Lewis McBride’s fierce effort from the edge of the area went just over the bar.
Kyle Davison-Gordon then entered the referee’s book for a foul on Justin Leavers, who somehow escaped a booking all evening despite giving away numerous fouls.
From the resulting free kick, FC had a couple of chances, however, Tom Wyant was equal to them both.
Pat McCafferty entered the referee’s book shortly after, as did Carl Resch, Ryan Inskip and Lee Northfield, a little later on into the game.
Tom Silford was replaced just before 80 minutes by Tom Bryant, after his return to the side after his trip away.
Just 3 minutes before the 90 was up, the Town were awarded a free kick, right on the edge of the penalty area.
Matt Hall stepped up, but his effort was straight at Tompkins and easy for the FC shot-stopper.
As the game was about to enter stoppage time, Kyle Davison-Gordon was sent off, for a second bookable offence. Disappointing for the Town, as KDG had been excellent all evening.
Matt Brady then came on for Kyle Faulkner, as the Town shut up shop.
From the resulting free kick, Tom Wyant made a good save down to his left and kept FC at bay.
Deep into stoppage time, Alfie Osborne came on for Jay Caines.
Then came the referees full time whistle and the Town had seen the game out for a point!
A valuable point and another clean sheet for Leighton, as they come home from Biggleswade relatively happy.

Next up for the Town, is Wembley FC at Bell Close on Saturday.
We look forward to seeing you there!

Report by

Kieran Carvell

Get the team together and play Fantasy League

Key moments

Red Card Kyle Davidson-Gordon is sent off for Leighton Town


View 0 new events
83:00 Red Card 0 - 0
Kyle Davidson-Gordon is sent off for Leighton Town
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Biggleswade FC
  • Leighton Town
  • 0
  • Kyle Davidson-Gordon Red Card 83:00'

Team selection

League round up

Other Premier Division results

Biggleswade United
Edgware Town
North Greenford United FC
London Colney


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
9. Oxhey Jets 38 55
10. Crawley Green 38 52
11. Leighton Town 38 50
12. Wembley 38 47
13. Edgware Town 38 46
14. Harpenden Town 37 44
15. London Colney 37 34

Team sponsors


Club sponsors