Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Leighton Town F C app


First Team - Match centre

Leighton Town
Unknown (71')
Full time
Unknown (56')
Sat 6 Oct 15:00 - Spartan South Midlands Football League - Premier Division Attendance 43

Town Leave Wembley With A Point


The Town travelled to North London on Saturday Afternoon, to take on an out-of-form Wembley side, on a simply beautiful playing surface, despite the wet conditions.

Danny Nicholls made just one change to his team that beat London Colney on Tuesday Evening, with Brian Foulger coming back into the side, replacing Jamie Nicholls.
That meant the Town lined up in a 4-4-2 formation, with, Wyant, Bryant, Resch, Davidson-Gordon, Hall, Marsala, Foulger, McKee, McBride, Dentice, Faulkner.
Much like the last few weeks, it was a slow start from either side, with neither team making the most of good possession.
Wembleys No.7 has a fantastic opportunity when he ghosted in behind Matt Hall, but his shot flashed past Tom Wyant and out for a goal kick.
Leighton then had there first real opportunity of the game just before the 30th minute mark. The ball broke for Kyle Faulkner in the penalty area and his shot was kept out well by Wembley goalkeeper, Montel Joseph.
It wasn’t a half that will live long in anyone’s memory, although Aaron McKee nearly changed that, when the ball broke to him around 25 yards out. His shot whistled past the top left corner.
Just minutes into the second period, the Town took the lead!
Tom Wyant sent the ball long from a drop kick and it was flicked on by Faulkner, into the path of Dentice. Dentice and Marsala were then 2-on-2 with the Wembley defence. It was then 2 on the goalkeeper, as the 2 Wembley defenders, ran into each other. Dentice decided to go alone and his first effort was saved by Joseph, but he tucked home the rebound! His first goal of the season.
As the game entered the final third, Danny Nicholls made two changes. Brian Foulger and the goalscorer George Dentice came off, being replaced by Sam Dodzie and George Armstrong.
The Town nearly doubled their lead, when Aaron McKee played an exquisite ball out to Matt Hall on the left flank. Hall struck the ball with venom, but it was saved well by Joseph.
That would be Leighton’s last real chance, before they conceded.
A deep free kick just inside Leighton’s half was delivered into the box and Wembley’s No.15, who had only been on the pitch a matter of minutes, nodded it home, past Wyant. A disappointing way to concede.
Kyle Faulkner was then replaced by Kelvin Osei-Addo.
It was Wembley who had the last chance of the game, 5 minutes from time.
Their No.12 was in after some poor defending, but he couldn’t keep his shot on target and it went wide. A let off for the Town.
Shortly after, the referee blew for full time and it finished 1-1 at Vale Farm.
It feels like 2 points dropped rather than a point gained for Danny Nicholls and his team.
The Town return to action on Saturday the 13th of October, when they travel to Hadley.

Thank you for your support once again on Saturday, we hope to see you again next weekend!
Up the Town!

Match report by

Kieran Carvell

Key moments

Goal Goal for Leighton Town
Goal Goal for Wembley


View 0 new events
71:00 Goal 1 - 1
Goal for Wembley
56:00 Goal 0 - 1
Goal for Leighton Town
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Wembley
  • Leighton Town
  • 0
  • Goal 56:00'
  • Goal 71:00'

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier Division results

Tring Athletic
Biggleswade FC
Edgware Town
Colney Heath
London Colney
Harpenden Town
Biggleswade United
Leverstock Green
Oxhey Jets
London Tigers


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
9. Oxhey Jets 38 55
10. Crawley Green 38 52
11. Leighton Town 38 50
12. Wembley 38 47
13. Edgware Town 38 46
14. Harpenden Town 37 44
15. London Colney 37 34

Team sponsors


Club sponsors