Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Leighton Town F C app


First Team - Match centre

Aylesbury FC
Leighton Town F C
Full time
Unknown (21', 40')
Tue 19 Feb 19:45 - Cup

Town Out Of Bucks Charity Cup


The Town travelled to Haywood Way on Tuesday evening, to face Aylesbury FC in the Bucks Charity Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg.

The previous leg ended 2-1 to Town at Bell Close, so they had an advantage going into this tie.
Brian Foulger came into the side in replace of Alfie Osborne and Ollie Buckley got a start ahead of the injured Jay Caines.
It was a brighter first half in this tie, but for all the wrong reasons for Town.
Despite that, Tom Silford went close 10 minutes in with a half volley straight at Josh Thompson.
Kyle Faulkner picked up a yellow card for a cheap foul on an Aylesbury defender.
However, 20 minutes into the game the Town found themselves one down and on level terms on aggregate.
Former Fan Favourite Bruno Brito, volleyed home inside the area past Tom Wyant, to give his side the lead, in front of the travelling Town fans. However, Brito held his hands in the air before showing his trademark celebration to the Town faithful. A sign of true respect between player and fans.
Jordan Fredericks then entered the book for Town for dissent.
Tom Wyant made a fine stop to deny Ryan Young on 35 minutes, as the Town keeper got down well and made himself big.
5 minutes before the break, the hosts doubled their advantage and Brito doubled his tally. Another similar strike to the first as the ball fell to him kindly and he volleyed home with his left foot.
That meant the Town would go into the break 2 down, but only 1 down on aggregate.
Early into the second period Ollie Buckley received a yellow card from the referee.
The Town’s only real chance(s) of the game came when a mighty goal mouth scramble played out in front of the away end. Shots were continuously blocked well by the Aylesbury rearguard as the snuffed out any opportunities the Town might of had.
Brian Foulger was then replaced by Aaron McKee.
Tom Wyant was called into action again as he made a fine stop to deny Young as Aylesbury pressed to kill the game.
Matt Hall then made way for Michael Donkor.
Town picked up their 4th booking of the night as Kyle Davison-Gordon entered the book for a late foul on Haule.
That would be that at the SRD Stadium, as the Town bow out of the Bucks Charity Cup.
A bitterly disappointing and frustrating performance as the Town barely created a chance and didn’t look up for it at all, despite a cup final being at stake. Nothing like the performances we’ve been seeing of late.
The unbeaten run comes to end and the Town concede 2 for the first time this year.

Good luck to Aylesbury in the final and all the best for the rest of the season.

Thank you for your brilliant support last night, the turnout was superb for a Tuesday evening!

Next up is Colney Heath at home on Saturday and we hope to see you all there.

Report by

Kieran Carvell

Key moments

Goal Goal for Aylesbury FC
Goal Goal for Aylesbury FC


View 0 new events
40:00 Goal 2 - 0
Goal for Aylesbury FC
21:00 Goal 1 - 0
Goal for Aylesbury FC
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Aylesbury FC
  • Leighton Town F C
  • 0
  • Goal 21:00'
  • Goal 40:00'

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors